Events Management is the must-have introductory text providing a complete A-Z of the principles and practices of planning, managing and staging events.
The book introduces the concepts of event planning and management,presents the study of events management within an academic environment,discusses the key components for staging an event, covering the whole process from creation to evaluation,examines the events industry within its broader business context, covering impacts and event tourism,provides an effective guide for producers of events and contains learning objectives and review questions to consolidate learning.
Each chapter features a real-life case study to illustrate key concepts and place theory in a practical context, as well as preparing students to tackle any challenges they may face in managing events. Examples include the Beijing Olympic Games, Google Zeitgeist Conference, International Confex, Edinburgh International Festival, Ideal Home Show and Glastonbury Festival.
Carefully constructed to maximise learning, the text provides the reader with:
- a systematic guide to organizing successful events, examining areas such as staging, logistics, marketing, human resource management, control and budgeting, risk management, impacts, evaluation and reporting
- fully revised and updated content including new chapters on sustainable development and events, perspectives on events, and expanded content on marketing, legal issues, risk and health and safety management
- a companion website: http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781856178181/ with additional materials and links to websites and other resources for both students and lecturers
by Rob Harris, Glenn Bowdin, Johnny Allen, Ian McDonnell and William O’Toole
ISBN-10: 1856178188 | ISBN-13: 978-1856178181
More event management books and planning resources
- NSW & Sydney event planning resources »
- QLD, Brisbane & Gold Coast event planning resources »
- Victorian & Melbourne event planning resources »
- WA, SA, ACT, Tasmania and NT event planning resources »
- International event planning resources »
- Festival and Special Event Management book »
- Regional Event Management Handbook »