Online Event Management Course Details
EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE IN EVENT MANAGEMENT (BUSINESS AND PUBLIC EVENTS)
The number and type of events conducted in Australia has grown exponentially over the past decade. This growth has resulted from governments seeking to leverage events for economic purposes, along with an expanded recognition of the role events play in areas such as marketing communications, information sharing, organisational learning and community development. As the number of events have grown, so too has the need for trained professionals capable of planning and delivering events of various types including conferences, product launches, exhibitions, sporting events, parades and networking and social events. This program contributes to meeting this need by providing a grounding in the key skills and knowledge required to successfully project manage the full spectrum of public and business events.
This four-day online course (delivered in two parts over sequential weeks) is based on the texts (Event Management and Festival and Special Event Management) written by its presenters which are used in colleges and universities internationally, as well as by event professionals. The program is specifically designed to both enhance the skill and knowledge base of those already employed to plan and deliver events (live, hybrid and online) and to serve as a sound platform for those individuals seeking to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management
Attended to date by over 4000 people in 10 countries, its participants have included in-house event organisers from some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as staff from business and public event production companies, government agencies/departments, tourism bodies, NGOs and charities.
Who is the Executive Certificate in Event Management (Business and Public Events) course designed for?
This four-day Executive Certificate in Event Management Course (Business and Public Events) is now delivered online in two parts due to Covid restrictions. It is based on an extensive survey of event industry professionals.
The program is specifically designed to both enhance the skill and knowledge base of those already employed to plan and deliver events and to serve as a sound platform for those people seeking to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management.
The ECEM program seeks to aid the career development of those employed, or seeking employment, as:
- Corporate in-house event organisers
- Special event coordinators/managers
- Conference/meeting planners
- Charity event organisers
- Festival planners
- Parade directors
- Exhibition organisers
- Wedding planners
- Government event planners / coordinators
- Educational institution event managers
- Sport event managers
- Hotel / resort / cruise ship event coordinators
What makes our courses unique?
Event Training Australia’s short courses in event management are unique in that they are:
- endorsed by the Asia Pacific Institute for Events Management;
- delivered both online and face-to-face;
- designed and delivered by Australian Event Award-winning presenters;
- taught by authors of, and contributors to, the major event management texts used in Australia and internationally (Event Management and Festival and Special Event Management);
- based on over 20 years of experience in event management education, with its presenters having designed and delivered programs in every Australian state, as well as in a number of overseas locations, including London, Edinburgh, Beijing, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei and Auckland; and
- process and systems based to ensure an appreciation of the linkages between the various tasks associated with event project management.
Event Management Course Syllabus
In four days of practical training delivered by industry experts, you will cover the event management life cycle from concept development through to planning, implementation, shutdown and evaluation. Specifically, the
program will address:
- Understanding the event context – legal, organisational, technological, social and environmental issues
- Responding to event briefs
- Establishing event goals and objectives
- Creating the event concept – live, hybrid and virtual events
- Event programming
- Theming, performance and staging
- Project managing events
- Scheduling tools and the event manual
- Event management technologies
- Venue/site selection, design and layout
- Human resource management for events
- Planning and delivering environmentally sustainable events
- Event marketing
- Risk management
- Event monitoring and control practices
- Event shutdown processes
- Evaluation and knowledge management
- Case studies